Microsoft Ads: Merchant Center: Create A Store
This document covers creating your Microsoft Merchant Center Store within the Microsoft Advertising platform.
- Go to Microsoft Ads and login to your account.
- Select Tools
- Select Microsoft Merchant Center
- Select Create Store
Enter your store name: This is publicly seen in your ads and should match the name of your site, but feel free to leave off any extraneous business designations like LLC, Inc. or Corp.
- Select the Domain Validation drop down.
You’ll have 2 options.
- Validated via Bing Webmaster Tools
- Validated via UET Tag.
Both options will yield the same result, but for this process we will select Validated via UET Tag. To use this option, you will have had to previously setup a UET tag.
You may see multiple options, so select the URL that most closely matches your public website domain. Microsoft will not allow subdomains tied to other sites not owned by you such as your-website.myshopify.com
- Enter a description of your store (optional): This is not not seen publicly so it is completely optional.
- Select Yes for SSL Checkout, as you should definitely should have a secure checkout process.
- Leave the Block Aggregators unchecked unless you have a reason otherwise.
- Select your preferred contact language
- Enter your email: You’ll want this to be accurate as this is how Microsoft Ads notifies you about issues and opportunities to improve your shopping campaign results.
Select Create Store
Your store setup is now complete.